Maa Saraswati is the Goddess of Knowledge… And is always shown:
- Wearing white clothes… Denoting purity & cleanliness
- On a holy Swan… Denoting that pure spiritual knowledge can only be inculcated fully in a pure intellect
- With a Veena… Denoting explaining Knowledge in a very easy, practical, attractive & entertaining manner (like a musical veena)
- With scriptures in hand… Denoting that a soul with true spiritual wisdom, always takes decisions based on righteousness & truth
- With a rosary…
- Denoting the virtue of unity (since a rosary consists of beads of different shapes, bound together by a single thread)… Hence, a soul full of spiritual knowledge, knows how to live & adjust with everyone’s sanskars, hence enjoys beautiful relations always
- It can also denote constantly remaining in God’s remembrance, creating elevated thoughts, good wishes, etc
- Many schools keep the idol of Maa Saraswati, which students worship… Hence, showing that spiritual knowledge makes one’s stage so divine, elevated & pure!
- Maa Saraswati actually denotes being full of spiritual knowledge… Indeed, this makes it very easy & natural to understand other physical sciences & knowledges too!
Conclusion (Spiritual Significance of Maa Saraswati)
Hence, let’s aim to become full of the power of spiritual wisdom, to make all aspects of our life very easy & natural!
Spiritual Significance of Lord Brahma
Maa Saraswati is shown as the daughter of the deity Brahma (i.e. a Brahma Kumari), hence let’s also understand the spiritual significance of Brahma:
- It’s said the Creation was done through Brahma (who is also shown old)… It’s because God descends in the old body of Prajapita Brahma, to re-create the new world Satyuga once again!
- Brahma is shown with 4 heads… Denoting God’s new spiritual knowledge spreads in all 4 directions!
- Brahma is shown with scriptures in his hand… Because God explains the essence of all scriptures through the mouth of Brahma
- Brahma is shown sitting on a lotus flower… And lotus lives in mud yet remains above… Hence, God’s knowledge doesn’t ask us to leave anything, but teaches us how while living in society, relations, work, etc, we can remain absolutely pure & free from negative influence (hence able to make a positive influence all around!)
Indeed at the present times, God is practically carrying out His divine task of world transformation through the angelic body of Prajapita Brahma… Hence, let’s take practical benefit from this by connecting to Him ie listening to His spiritual knowledge & meditating daily!
Thanks for reading this article on ‘Spiritual Significance of Maa Saraswati | True Meaning of Maa Saraswati’
Previous Post: Spiritual Significance of Ambe Maa
As part of our series on ‘Spiritual Significance of Navratri‘