Goddess Lakshmi is the Goddess of wealth & prosperity… And is always shown:
- Giving… Hence denoting the power to co-operate
- Constantly giving gold coins… Denoting sharing the wealth of knowledge, virtues & powers with all… This also means first being full of it ourselves, and then sharing with all… And the more we share, the more they keep increasing within us, hence creating a chain of positivity!
- Sitting on a lotus flower, & also has a lotus in hand… Hence, when we keep giving to all based on God’s elevated directions, we can remain 100% pure & protected from negative influence (like the lotus lives in mud, yet remains above!)
- As a deity .. Hence when we inculcate all the virtues & powers, we get transformed from humans to deities!… Indeed, devta means dene vaala!
Goddess Lakshmi also means the one who inculcates elevated lakshan (i.e., signs or traits) of achieving our lakshya (i.e., aim, of becoming from human to deity!)
Conclusion (Spiritual Significance of Goddess Lakshmi)
Hence today, let’s become full by connecting to the Supreme Source of All Virtues God, & keep giving to all … This spiritual empowerment of the self & others will bring the divine land Satyuga once again!
Spiritual Significance of Lord Vishnu
Goddess Lakshmi is shown as the consort of Lord Vishnu… Hence, let’s also understand the spiritual significance of Lord Vishnu.
Lord Vishnu is basically the combined form of Lakshmi Narayana of Satyuga; the most ideal, pure & divine couple ever! … And is shown with:
- 4 hands… 2 hands of Lakshmi & 2 of Narayana!
- Swadarshan Chakra… Denoting looking (darshan) at ourselves (swa), over the cycle (chakra) of time… In particular, how we were 100% pure & divine in Satyuga, and now God has come to once again make us similarly elevated!
- Mace… Denotes the power of determination to win over the vices within… Hence, helping make us 100% pure & divine!
- Lotus… Denotes living in this world, yet remaining protected from negative influence
- Conch… Denotes sharing God’s knowledge with all, in a very grand manner!
Lord Vishnu also means the one who’s victorious over vish (i.e., vices, poison)
One picture of Lord Vishnu is sleeping on a bed of snakes, with waves of the ocean all around … Hence denoting remaining very light & stable even amidst ferocious & highly uncertain situations … Which becomes very easy by constantly churning spiritual knowledge in the mind!
Conclusion (Spiritual Significance of Lord Vishnu)
Hence, let’s become full of Gyan (i.e., Swadarshan Chakra), to make our Yog (i.e., Mace) powerful … This protects us from negative influence (i.e., Lotus), enabling us to constantly keep serving all! (i.e., Conch)… Hence, continuing this practice will transform our sanskars from being like humans to deities (i.e., Lakshmi Narayana), and the world from Kaliyuga to the divine land Satyuga once again!
Thanks for reading this article on ‘Spiritual Significance of Goddess Lakshmi | True Meaning of Goddess Lakshmi’
Previous Post: Spiritual Significance of Gayatri Mata
As part of our series on ‘Spiritual Significance of Navratri‘