Spiritual Significance of Holi | The Festival of Colors | Happy Holi Wishes | Holi Festival essay
We’ll be celebrating Holi this month. Hence today, let’s understand the spiritual significance of this divine festival!
The word Holi has three meanings:
- Ho-Li (or Ho gaya), which means whatever happened in the past has passed, now put a full stop
- Ho-Li (means have become), hence we have become God’s now, we belong to Him!
- The word Holi matches with Holy, which means becoming pure
The 1st day of Holi involves lighting the Holi fire. And Fire has numerous characteristics we can learn from:
- Fire transforms whatever is put inside it i.e., vegetables get cooked, bricks become solid, gold gets purified, etc… Hence, let’s also transform & finish our old sanskars of pain & sorrow
- Fire burns & finishes all that’s waste & unnecessary… Similarly let’s finish all waste patterns of thinking, to make our every task easy, efficient & enjoyable!
And indeed, lighting the Holi fire on the 1st day denotes burning all our weaknesses in the fire of meditation & determination!
The 2nd day of Holi involves playing with colours. Hence denoting when we finish our weaknesses completely, our original virtues (of peace, love & joy) get re-emerged fully. Hence making each moment a celebration, and our whole life a festival, the way life was meant to be!
Indeed, we can associate each color (of the rainbow) with the 7 original virtues of the soul… Further, the experience of each of these original virtues has a healing effect on a specific part of the body (which has been proved by numerous scientific researches), as follows:
- Violet– – > Bliss – – > Endocrine System (i.e., thyroid gland, pituitary gland, etc)
- Indigo – – > Knowledge – – > Brain & Nervous System
- Blue – – > Peace – – > Lungs & Respiratory System
- Green – – > Love – – > Heart & Circulatory System
- Yellow – – > Happiness – – > Stomach i.e., Digestive System
- Orange – – > Purity – – > 5 sense organs (eyes, ears, nose, mouth & touch) & Immunity System
- Red – – > Power – – > Muscles & Bones i.e., Musculo-Skeletal system
Hence, playing this spiritual holi (of experiencing each of our original virtues in meditation by a communion with God), also keeps us physically much more healthier!
It’s said you are coloured by the company you keep (Jaisa sang vaisa rang, जैसा संग वैसा रंग)… Hence, let’s remain in the most elevated company of God, which keeps us coloured in divine experiences… Indeed, His elevated company (i.e., remembrance) has numerous benefits:
- Pushes us towards the experience of our original virtues of peace, love & joy i.e., soul-consciousness
- We remain full of energy, making all our tasks easy & natural
- Prevents boredom & sadness from coming in
- Keeps us protected from negative influence of situations & people
Further, when we’re colored in God’s divine company & are experiencing our original virtues, we also automatically share them with everyone around… i.e., we spray the pichkari of the colors of our original virtues to all others around, creating a wave!… And the more we share, the more it increases within us, keeping us more & more full!
Indeed, this festive occasion provides the best opportunity to forgive & forget all past matters held against others, and start a new beginning of purity & love!
Scientists say only human eyes can see color, while the vast majority of animals can only see black-&-white… Hence, we should feel so fortunate & grateful that we’re able to enjoy the beauty & colors of life!
Conclusion (Happy Holi Wishes)
Hence this Holi, let’s play Holi with God & immerse ourselves fully in the experience of our original virtues of purity peace love & joy… This empowerment of the soul acts as the fire which burns all our weaknesses, and we also share our experiences with all, creating a wave… Hence, this emergence of divine virtues & finishing of weaknesses, will finally transform us from humans to deities, hence the world outside from Kaliyuga to the divine land Satyuga once again!
Very beautiful 1-minute video wishing a Happy Holi:
Thanks for reading this article on ‘Spiritual Significance of Holi | The Festival of Colors | Happy Holi Wishes | Holi Festival essay’
Let’s also understand the spiritual significance of Diwali, Holi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Navratri, Dussehra, Gita Jayanti, Ram Navami, Hanuman Jayanti… And Guru Purnima, Buddha Purnima, Mahavir Jayanti, Vallabhacharya Jayanti, Jalaram Jayanti
In this blog, you may also find: